Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a dog who takes rimadly. She sometimes eats the poop

Customer Question

I have a dog who takes rimadly. She sometimes eats the poop of my dog that takes deracoxib. Is this a serious problem?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Patty age 7
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Patty?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Good news! ... Basically Patty should be just fine but I have worked out a fuller answer for you below ... 1. For dogs to eat their own or other dog's faeces is a common event and in most cases actually does not do any harm or cause any adverse symptoms to the dog concerned. 2. The added concern in your case is the Deracoxib, but this should be no cause for concern as it will either have been absorbed or broken down and inactivated in the other dog's digestive tract. 3. The bot***** *****ne is that while you should try and dissuade your dog from eating your other dog's faeces the Deracoxib should not present any health hazard to Patty I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Patty is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning Deracoxib... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.