Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Should I feed my dog something special other than her

Customer Question

Should I feed my dog something special other than her regular dry food to help her pass all the grass and burrs?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 6 months ago.
Hello Tana, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Tana I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. In this sort of situation where a dog has eaten a quantity of something it should not have then you can help things pass by giving the dog the likes of mineral oil { Say two tablespoons twice a day orally for a larger breed dog like yours } for a couple of days. If you do not have mineral oil on hand then you can safely substitute olive oil or vegetable mineral oil. 2. In most cases things will be fine but to be on the safe side look out for any odd or unexpected symptoms such as vomiting, straining, lethargy, inappetance or signs of abdominal pain and if any such occur have your dog checked over by a local vet ASAP. 3. In any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again Tana,I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning he grass and burrs ingestion ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.