Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She got into a garbage can on Saturday, she started puking

Customer Question

She got into a garbage can on Saturday, she started puking yellow bile early this morning (around 3 am), and the first time she puked it looked like there was part of a plastic bag in her vomit, as well as a chicken bone. Since then she's puked four more times, all yellow bile. It's been about 6 hours between her last 2 vomits
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: As far as I can tell it's just the plastic bag, which she vomited the first time. Every time she vomited after that it's just been yellow bile, and each bout of vomiting took longer than the last, like they were more spread apart. She isn't acting any differently, and her appetite and bowel movements are normal
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Nelli
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Neill?
Customer: No I don't think so, she's never had a health concern before, and she's gotten into/eaten stuff she shouldn't have and has never had a problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is she lethargic? 2- How much does she weigh? 3- Do you know the amount of chicken bones and plastic she ate? If so, do you feel comfortable in say she vomited all of it?