Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

She got dropped by my child yesterday from about 4 foot up

Customer Question

She got dropped by my child yesterday from about 4 foot up and now she will not walk on her hind leg. It's just kind of limp. Not swollen.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is not. She whines when I move her leg at the hip.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Roxy and she is only 6 weeks old.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Roxy?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also she has been lethargic since it happened.
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question.So she's painful if you move it up high?What breed is she?Do you know what part of her body hit the ground first?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It doesn't seem to bother her if I move it upwards, but if I move it down or away from her body she whines. She's a beagle mix. And I think her back, but it happened so quickly I'm not positive.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
she will stretch it out when laying down but barely.
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.So my big concern here based on how she hit the ground (we think) and how she acts when you move her leg in a specific way, is that she could have a broken hip or pelvis.In these really young puppies, it doesn't take much to break those bones, and a fall from 4 feet up could absolutely do it.If this were me, I would have her seen by a vet. They'll take an x-ray to see if there is a fracture going on. Hopefully it's nothing too serious, but having it addressed sooner, rather than later, is going to be the key to a full recovery.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's what I was afraid of, but was hoping not since she is trying to move it. Guess I'll be scheduling a vet appointment today.
Expert:  Lisa replied 5 months ago.
That's the problem with these little pups...they're so fragile, but don't know it!I'll keep my fingers crossed for nothing too serious.
Expert:  Lisa replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?