Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My westie Maggie has a wart on the top of her head. It has

Customer Question

My westie Maggie has a wart on the top of her head. It has grown since I first noticed it 6 months ago. Her bet just looked at it this week and said not to worry. Well meaning pet store owners tell me she needs more protein in her diet. She's 10 years old and has always had a bit of a sensitive tummy. Others tell me to add vitamins to her water. She goes to day care. Is this contagious? Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Can you upload a photo(s) of this wart to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see the icon) or you can use an external app such as dropbox.com/ I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.It isn't related to diet, a sensitive tummy or vitamins and it's not contagious to you or other pets!