Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

She ate a macadamia cookie yesterday and she is not acting

Customer Question

She ate a macadamia nut cookie yesterday and she is not acting normal she looks sad and in pain don't have energy to walk or even bark and her eyes are swelling up and discharging and her body trembles a lot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Maltese 7 year old dog
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know if the Maltese will be able to digest that. What is the Maltese's name?
Customer: Princess
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Princess?
Customer: She has her menstrual cycle as well
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Oh dear,I am so sorry to hear that this one kitten was hit and the possible other is missing. In this case, there isn't an easy way to tell if they are actively feeding kittens. The only way is that we should start to see her mammary glands reduce in size if no kitten is nursing. This usually can take a few weeks. But if the glands don't seem to be shrinking back to normal, then we'd want to try to follow her or visit places she tends to go in search of this possible kitten. Otherwise, we'd have to decide whether we risk another pregnancy or just take her in and hope there isn't a kittens she didn't bring (even though one would have expected her to if she brought one) to you.Best wishes with this possible missing kitten,Dr. B.