Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)

Pearl my standard poodle 75Lb ate I lb raw bacon he show

Customer Question

Hi pearl my standard poodle 75Lb ate I lb raw bacon he show signs of pain he drinking a lot of water no food today had loose stool this AM & just a few minutes ago he had another small episode of loose stool What do I do? Just leave alone ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your standard poodle will be able to digest that. What is the standard poodle's name and age?
Customer: Romeo & he is 6yr extremley healthy until now
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Romeo?
Customer: No execpt he had the usual standard poodle ear infection got rid of it 2 weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question.This should resolve on its own over 2-3 days. I would just make he is eating and drinking. You can try something bland like chicken/ rice.I would also add some fiber to help firm up the stools. 1-2 tablespoons of pumpkin with his meals can help add fiber.In the bad cases, some fluids and antibiotics from a vet will help resolve things faster.I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?