Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Great Pyrenees is leaking blood and see a to be squatting

Customer Question

My Great Pyrenees is leaking blood and see a to be squatting frequently to pee or straining like she needs to...can I give her anything over the counter till I can call her vet tomorrow?
JA: I can help you talk to the doctor. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: Can I give her adore of azogesic( phenazopyridine hcl - human dose)
JA: OK. The doctor will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the doctor can help you best.
Customer: She seems to feel sluggish and squats to urinate often...there seems to be a little bit of blood dripping too..she strains like she needs to pee but sometimes nothing comes out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She got a full haircut on Friday and a 3 year rabies shot yesterday
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- She is dripping blood from the vagina, correct? 2- Is she spayed? 3- How old is she? 4- Any other symptoms? 5- Any pre existing medical conditions?