Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dogs respiration is 44, she is in chf and on enalapril,

Customer Question

my dogs respiration is 44, she is in chf and on enalapril, lasix and vetmedin what can i do to help her until I can get her to our vet tomorrow?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry you are having issues with her comfort. Can you please give me a little more information:- Her weight- Medication mg and frequency of administration- What symptoms she is currently showing besides the increased respiratory rate? I typically get more concerned >60 breaths per minute so want to know what issue we are having to get her comfortable. For example, cough, restlessness, vomiting, lethargyThank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She is restless, trying to sleep but her breathing wakes her. She is 17 lbs. Panting now, but when rest with mouth closed her breaths are in the 40's. Vetmedin 5 mg 1/2 7am and 1/2 7 pm
Enapril 2.5 1am 1 pm
furosemide 12.5 1/2 1/2
apoquel 3.6 1/2 1/2
Please help I love her so and dr is in Jacksonville 1hr away and not available.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Her breathing really is close to 60
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm taking her to hospital, thanks anyway
I apologize, I will send your question to customer service since you had difficulties with the chat. Good luck to you both, you are in my thoughts