Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has allergies and is rubbing his eyes my vet can see him

Customer Question

He has allergies and is rubbing his eyes my vet can see him til next Friday are there any over the counter drops I can use We were using tobradex. But have run out
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: He has allergies and rubs his eyes. My sister told me to use vileness but the internet sad not to
JA: I can help you talk to the therapist. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: Is there an over the counter eye drop I can use for allergy relief for my dog
JA: OK. The therapist will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the therapist can help you best.
Customer: What do you need to know
JA: Is there anything else the therapist should be aware of?
Customer: He is a 5 year old Manchester terrier, we feed him kangaroo for food allergies, I think the eye issue is environmental (seasonal)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the therapist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
you can see how an ophthalmic antihistamine affects him such as ketotifen as found in over the counter Zaditor. An adult dose would be appropriate. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.