Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I have an almost 11 year old boxer who has been in amazing

Customer Question

I have an almost 11 year old boxer who has been in amazing health. Accept He had an infected anal gland he was on medicine and is healed up. Then all of a sudden last week he has when we are not looking began leaveing unusually large pee puddles in the house which is something he never used to do before. He has never peed in the house let alone that much. Other then that everything else with him is normal no behavioral difference or appetite changes.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is this new behavior?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Taz
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tea?
Customer: No i think i told you everything he has quite a few fatty tumors on his body but we have had them checked out and were told they are fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Is he drinking more than usual?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I haven't notice a large increase maybe a little bit more then usual.
Friend, when an older dog starts having accidents in the house it is usually secondary to an underlying medical disorder not a behavior issue. A very common cause is an increase in water intake which can be caused by: An infection, hormonal disorders, kidney or liver disease, etc. to name a few causes. We can also see this when the patient is suffering from bladder stones or even cognitive disorders. In this case, the first place to start would be a hands on examination with family veterinarian, blood work and urinalysis as initial screening test. Treatment will be based on exam and test results. If cost is a concern I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.