Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I think she ate rat poison about 4 days ago. I'm very remote

Customer Question

I think she ate rat poison about 4 days ago. I'm very remote and cant get to the vet until Monday.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: I found two packages of empty D-con in the front yard. Same day she escaped the back yard. That was Tuesday, shes been sick all day today.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: Not that I know of, she's only 6 months old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cant get text messages out her, I only have WiFi and a landline.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. I can not make a live call but I will be happy to answer your question on this thread. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Can you describe her symptoms? 2- How much does she weigh? 3- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She died this morning :(
Oh my, I am so sorry to learn she died. I am sorry for your loss. :(