Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog may have ate too much because his stomach is large

Customer Question

Hello my dog may have ate too much because his stomach is large and he's only 4 months old. However I also got him a flea collar which I took off because it worried me that he licked it earlier as I was fitting it on for him. He had it on for over 8 hours while I was at work and when I came back my roommates said they fed him around 6 or 7 when he just ate at 1:30 for the first time. And I feel like he ate too much. He ended up vomiting a lot of food awhile ago and had diarrhea. His breathing was really shallow at first, very rapid and as of right now as I'm monitoring him he seems to be a lot better after vomitting. I'm still worried because I wonder if this is a poisoning from the collar or bloating. Either one isn't good. His stomach does look smaller now but do you think i should wait until the morning to take him to the vet or just go right now instead?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Veterinarian will figure it out. I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what May ate?
Customer: I apologize I wrote so much by the way.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about May?
Customer: He has these new snacks that I guess are sausage and cheese for dogs. He wouldn't touch it earlier when I tried giving him one but it may be because I he was already so full and bloated. He eats Blue, I forget the entire name but its for puppies and apparently contains red meat.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I apologize that there was such a delay in receiving a response. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. I would be happy to help you today if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm actually at the animal hospital right now. He had diarrhea and threw up twice again this morning.
Please let me know if you need further support or have questions during his treatment. Otherwise I have customer service process a refund for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That would be great I just had to pay over 200 for a parvo test so I could use that to be honest.
I'll get it done for you. Again, my apologies for the delay. Best of luck with your companion!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you!