Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Our puppy ate about 50 1,000IU tablets of Vitamin D-3. He

Customer Question

Our puppy ate about 50 1,000IU tablets of Vitamin D-3. He seems fine now but do we need to get him emergency care?
Mary Faith Upton
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello Mary Faith, I am sorry to hear what happened to Buddy. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How much does he weigh? That will help me calculate if he got enough to worry about or not.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Unless he is a very small dog ( under 3 pounds) this is probably not a dose we need to worry about. Let me know if this is helpful and what else I can answer, and how he is doing.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
How is he doing? Can I help with or answer anything else? Let me know if you were able to see my answer, and if it was helpful.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
How is Buddy? I hope you were able to see what I wrote. Let me know if my answer was helpful and if I can answer anything else.