Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I gave him white rice last night because I ran out of his

Customer Question

Hello I gave him white rice last night because I ran out of his regular dry food and he threw it up whole. Now this morning he has been vomitting brown liquid and does not want to eat
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of. And there is no foreign objects outside leading me to think he did
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ruxin age 8 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ruxin?
Customer: He's a French bulldog lol
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. I can not make a live call but I will be glad to answer your question on this thread. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How many hours since the last time he vomited? 2- Any diarrhea? 3- How much does he weigh? 4- Is he lethargic? 5- Any other symptoms?There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.