Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

He has the runs really bed JA: I'll do all I can to help.

Customer Question

He has the runs really bed
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: Not sure he hes diarrhea bad
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Zeus 13
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zeus?
Customer: No...he is drinking water but not eating now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I am so sorry to hear that your dog has loose stoolsI can give you some basic suggestions but if there is no change please consider a veterinary exam and fecal evaluation to ensure there is nothing more serious going on with her digestive tract but diarrhea can also be an early indicator of other problems that may require attention to prevent progression to weight loss, vomiting, decreased appetite- White rice and lean boiled meat such chicken- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.5 mg/ kg every 12 hours to help settle her stomach. If you have omeprazole that is also an option for settling the stomach at 1 mg/kg daily- Canned pumpkin 1 tbsp twice daily can also help firm up stoolsIf there is any blood or mucus in the stools as well please consider a veterinary exam sooner rather than later to ensure that we treat more aggressively for these symptoms. In addition, monitor for signs of nausea (licking lips, increased salivation, eating grass) as well.Please let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope your pet is feeling better soon! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman