Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog ate a 75 mcg thyroid pill JA: I'm sorry to hear that.

Customer Question

My dog ate a 75 mcg thyroid pill
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Shelby 6 11 lbs
JA: How old is Shelby?
Customer: 6
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shelby?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Don't give it a second thought. 75 mcg = 0.075 mg which is less than I might prescribe to a 10 lb dog. Shelby's dietary indiscretion will pass unnoticed. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much
You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience.