Melanie Goble
Melanie Goble,
Experience:  Relief Veterinarian/Owner at Renewed Strength Veterinary Services, LLC
94403761

I have a dog that is coughing a lot she has done this before

Customer Question

I have a dog that is coughing a lot she has done this before I think maybe pharyngitis or tonsillitis would you be able to prescribe medication for her
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** we are unable to prescribe medications for animals as we cannot physically examine them to make sure it is the proper medication. I understand that this can be frustrating. Despite the coughing, is Poochie otherwise breathing normally?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
eating well and up and about

That is good. If she would worsen, then I would recommend taking her to an emergency clinic if you can't get into your regular veterinary clinic this weekend. If at any point, you are concerned and think that she may need medication, then taking her in is never the wrong answer.

Do you have any other questions that I can help you with at this time?

If you do have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. If you don't, and I have answered your questions to your satisfaction (despite not being able to legally provide you with a prescription), please take a moment to rate me so that I can continue to provide and improve my services. Have a nice night.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Poochie. How is everything going?
Melanie Goble

Hello, Linda. I am following up to see how Poochie is doing. Please let me know. Have a nice day.