Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My dog has a small pink growth on his hind foot between his

Customer Question

my dog has a small pink growth on his hind foot between his pads causing him to hardly stand on it. what is it?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Can you take a picture of it?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but i don't know how to send it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have a samsung phone and took the picture but i have a macbook pro and don't know how to use it well
Ok. You can send the photo to your email and then on the macbook pro, you can log on and use the paper clip to attach it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know how to send a picture from my phone
Ok. Then we'll go from here. Probably one of the most common growths between a paw pad is an interdigital cyst. These can happen when an infection develops in a hair shaft follicle. They can appear pretty suddenly and then swell up. They can be painful and cause gait irregularities. They can start to discharge / drain. Typically they are treated wth time and oral antibiotics. Could this be some foreign material in the skin there causing an infection? Could it be some tumor? These are other possibilities.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how many baby aspirin can I give him, he is 130 lbs? also can I wait to take him to our regular vet on Monday or should I go to a Saturday vet today. my husband is away and it would be hard for me to lift him
I wouldn't give any baby aspirin. I've seen the rare dog get a stomach ulcer from aspirin use. At this point, rest is going to be the best thing for him at home. All dogs should be able to get around on 3 legs once they figure things out. He'll be one that will figure it out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks
I'm hoping for the best!