Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I think my 80 lb dog may have eaten 8-10 oz of semi sweet

Customer Question

Hi - I think my 80 lb dog may have eaten 8-10 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: I have no idea how long its been except to say that it was sometime before 6 pm
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Bastian 8 anatolian shepherd mix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How many hours do you think it has been (since we cannot see your time zone here) since he may have eaten these?Any drooling, vomiting, or signs of being unwell?