Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

I used pet armour may 14 it's not working have nexguard to

Customer Question

I used pet armour may 14 it's not working have nexguard to give but I don't know when it will be safe to give it to them
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: Fleas
JA: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Brutus is 7. Peewee is 13. No is 9
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Brutus?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
You can safely dose your dogs with Nexguard at any time. Pet Armor contains fipronil as its active ingredient and fipronil isn't systemically absorbed. It is absorbed and accumulated in the sebaceous glands from which it is slowly released via follicular ducts. There is no known interaction between fipronil and afoxolaner (Nexgard) nor a mechanism for that to occur.Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Brutus. Peewee. Mo. How is everything going?