Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My 15 lbs min schnauzer ate 8 gma of ivomec wormer JA: I'm

Customer Question

My 15 lbs min schnauzer ate 8 gma of ivomec wormer for horses
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lloyd 1.5 yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lloyd?
Customer: No he just did it 5 min ago and is fine now, I gave him a biwl of milk
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 5 months ago.
The wormer contains 1.87% ivermectin which is equivalent to 18,700 micrograms/g of product or 149,600 micrograms of ivermectin in 8 grams. I might dose a dog suffering from mange at up to 600 micrograms/lb or 9000 micrograms for Lloyd. Lloyd has been life-threateningly overdosed and needs the attention of a vet at your earliest convenience. Decontamination procedures and supportive care are essential at this time. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.