Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian

He has had explosive diarrhea the past few days and now

Customer Question

He has had explosive diarrhea the past few days and now doesn't want to stand on his hind legs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No wounds. He got into the garbage last week and since then he's had diarrhea everyday and when he passes gas or gets up he pooped. Thought it was something he ate. But now he won't really move and still pooping on himself.
JA: The Veterinarian will ask you more detailed questions to find out what is causing this. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jax and he's 8 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jax?
Customer: He's a pit lab mix and usually very mobile
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 5 months ago.
Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. If he is a young dog and has been having diarrhea for this long and is now unable to use his hind legs, I am concerned that he could have become so dehydrated from the ongoing diarrhea that he could have weakness as a result of this. Diarrhea can become incredibly dehydrating if it keeps going on in a young dog. Your dog needs to be examined by a vet today. His problem has been going on for too long to recommend an at home treatment, he needs to be examined, it needs to be determined if he is dehydrated and needs fluid therapy, and he needs to have his stool checked for possible causes of diarrhea (including intestinal parasites and parvo virus if he hasn't finished all of his vaccines). Please let me know if you have any additional questions!!!