Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My vet has given me a prescription -Homatropine in cap form,

Customer Question

Hi, my vet has given me a prescription for Hydrocodone-Homatropine in cap form, he does not carry it; but I can only find it in liquid form from local drug stores. Any suggestions, where I might purchase it in cap form?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 5 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. Any pharmacist can compound the medication for you in a different form. If the capsules are easier, ask the pharmacist to compound it for you in capsule form. If Walmart cannot do this, there will be specialty pharmacists that will do this for you. Ask your vet who they use for compounding or call around. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****