PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My 12 wk old German shepherd pup has one ear that is going

Customer Question

My 12 wk old German shepherd pup has one ear that is going horizontal. Should I worry
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 5 months ago.
Hello Brian. My name is***** would not worry at this time, as a German Shepherd puppy needs to build up the muscles in the ears to keep them upright. If there has been any trauma to the ears, it can affect the development of those muscles. As long as you are feeding a diet with complete nutrition, he will likely have upright ears within a few months. I would discuss this with your veterinarian at his next vaccine appointment, as a reminder, puppies needs vaccines at 8, 12, and 16 weeks to be protected from a number of life threatening diseases. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.
I have not heard back from you. If I have answered your question satisfactorily, please let me know and rate me. If not, and you wish to hear from someone else, also let me know so that I can pass on the question to someone else. Have a good day.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience. If you need more advice, just let me know. It looks like Dr. Melanie has opted out of the question and I see that you have not yet had a chance to view her answer.