Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog chewed up and broke a wallflower airfreshener from

Customer Question

My dog chewed up and broke a wallflower airfreshener from bath and body works. His mouth smells like the product, but there was very little missing. He is an 85 lb golden retriever
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.In regards ***** *****'s misadventure, as long as he didn't eat the packaging, we'd not be panicked here. Ingestion of the non-edible packaging can cause blockages but the product itself only tends to cause GI upset if anything at all. With this in mind, if you do smell it on him, it would be best to rinse his mouth with cool water Afterwards, to offset any risk of stomach upset, we can consider offering a light diet option for a few days. Examples of an easily digestible diet include cooked white rice with boiled chicken, boiled white fish, scrambled egg, or meat baby food (as long as its free from garlic or onion powder). Ideally, we want to offer this as small frequent meals to keep the stomach settled. Further to this, if we see any hints of nausea, then we can also treat with an OTC antacid like Pepcid (More Info/Dose @ or Zantac (More Info/Dose @ These are usually given 20 minutes before offering food to allow absorption and of course you want to double check with your vet before use if your wee one has any know health issues or is on any medications you haven't mentioned. Though again signs from these tend to be mild in our naughty dogs.Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Captain. How is everything going?