PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

Just come down to my dog he is being sick, very unsteady on

Customer Question

just come down to my dog he is being sick, very unsteady on back legs almost collapsed cant work,
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: he was really stressed, calmed a little, he is drinking but fetching it back up
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: fred
JA: How old is Fred?
Customer: 10
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fred?
Customer: I don't think so, he has lost weight recently
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is***** see that Fred is having a difficult time right now. I hope that I can help you with your question. I do need a little bit more information though. What type of dog is Fred?
If Fred's legs and ability to walk are not improving dramatically, I would recommend going to a veterinarian right away as difficulty with the back legs and ataxia (wobbling, difficulty standing, walking, etc.) can be a sign of neurologic (brain or spinal cord) or other internal problems. If he continues to vomit, then Fred may also become very dehydrated, potentially making his problem worse.
I was just checking in to see how Fred is doing today. If I have answered your questions satisfactorily, please rate me. Otherwise, I will open up this conversation for another veterinarian to speak with you.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I am a Veterinary Nurse with over 15 years experience and I have assisted in the care of many pets with this particular medical concern. It looks like Dr. Melanie has opted out and you have not yet viewed the question. If you have other questions pertaining to Fred's health, please let me know.