Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My 130 st Bernard ate (6) 25 mg Benadryl - what do I do JA:

Customer Question

my 130 st Bernard ate (6) 25 mg Benadryl - what do I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Beatrice and she is 4
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Beatrice?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 5 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. Friend, 150mg of Benadryl will not be toxic to a 130 lbs Beatrice, this dose is within therapeutic limit, she will be fine; no need to worry. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what should I look for....
At worst she may become a little sleepier. But, dogs tend to be more resistant to the sedative effects of benadryl so likely you will not see any symptoms.