Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I think my 7lb. dog ate 1mg adivan, what can I do

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long ago did she eat this?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
Hi again,I have not heard back from you but in case you are having difficulty replying, I do want to leave my thoughts about Keiki.Now the good news is that Ativan is a drug that we do use in dogs on occasion, so this isn’t an outright poisoning. Furthermore, considering her weight, the dose she has had is actually within the safe dosing range for her size. Therefore, while we could see sedation, lethargy, or wobbliness over the next 12-24 hours, we would not expect any more severe signs. Therefore, with this in mind and since it was a normal dose, we do have a few options. We can err on the side of caution and induce vomiting or treat with activated charcoal (which I am happy to discuss these with you). Though since it was a low dose, you can choose to monitor her over today and keep things calm. As long as she remains settled, we can allow this to run through her system. Though of course if she was very sedate with this, we may want her local vet to start fluids to just flush the drug out of her system quicker and settle any signs for her. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't rate until she is better. she is all I have
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
Hello again, That is fine to do so, though I'd note that it won't close or conversation or prevent us from speaking about Keiki more. In any case, I will schedule a follow-up to see how you are doing in 48 hours. Though again, this low dose carries little risk.Best wishes,Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 11 months ago.
Hi Lynn,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Keiki. How is everything going?

nekovet