Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She suddenly is having trouble standing. She was walking around

Customer Question

She suddenly is having trouble standing. She was walking around just fine, and then her back legs seemed to give way. She is on a medication that she had a second dose of for storm anxiety, but she has had it before.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: I did not see anything. I can look again, but it is as if her legs just gave way. I will go look and see again though.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rintin and she is about 12, she was a stray, we adopted nine years ago, so we are not sure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Raining?
Customer: No, there is not anything else. She has been fine with some joint pain, but the vet gave her a supplement for that.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How long has she had these signs? Did they start before or after her medication?What anxiety medication is she on?What supplement is she getting for her arthritis?Do you think she is stiff when she gets up? Any wobbliness?