Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in general practice.
21779527

I accidentally Gavery my 8 pound dog my other dogs 2

Customer Question

Hi, i accidentally Gavery my 8 pound dog my other dogs 2 Claritin pills. They each get a trear and I gave her the wrong one. What do I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help. Do you know what strength the pills were? 5mg or 10mg?
Regular claritin has a wide safety margin.... It is likely that she might be a little sleepy, but should be fine. The only exception is with claritin D... the pseudo ephedrine is very toxic in claritin D. I would just monitor her if this was regular claritin. If it was claritin D she needs to go to an emergency veterinarian ASAP. If it is regular claritin, then check her throughout the night... if she is very lethargic or vomiting then seek veterinary care, but I don't expect to see these things at this dose.I hope that helps, but if you have more questions let me know.
Hi Michelle,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Stacy