Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

My dog just 3 Ativan and 1 sonata on mr table weighs 90 # *****

Customer Question

My dog just 3 Ativan and 1 sonata on mr table weighs 90 # ***** he be ok
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: He just started to fall asleep not unnormal acting the same
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: No pain il just scared that he took those pills
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Elmer age 2 1/2
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Elmer?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Actually it is very much in your favour than you have a larger dog { 90 pounds } so even if you do nothing the chances are that your dog will not suffer any very serious or fatal side effects though you may see such things as marked lethargy and uncoordination. 2. That said where a dog has swallowed any sort of drug he should not have then one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the drugs that way, If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things may be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK { Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs } 3. However if you fail to induce vomiting and if any odd symptoms do occur and you become further concerned then you should have your dog checked over by an ER vet without delay. But I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so you can get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me furtherRegards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.