Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.

Our dog was given Rabvac 3, LCAN-LGRIP-LICT-LPON bacterial

Customer Question

Our dog was given Rabvac 3, LCAN-LGRIP-LICT-LPON bacterial extract and Bordetella Bronchiseptica Vaccine at the animal shelter. Was very shaky when brought home on 5/6/16. For the past several days she will not eat and has dark stool.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Midnight
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Midnight?
Customer: She is not fixed and is at start of menstrual period
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 months ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. I'm sorry that your pooch is feeling bad. This doesn't sound like a typical vaccine reaction. Based on what you are telling me the symptoms fit an ulcer. An ulcer in the stomach or intestine can cause loss of appetite and then mild bleeding from the stomach/intestine. This will in turn make the stool dark. If there is an ulcer it can easily be treated if a vet is contacted early in the course of the problem, the longer we wait to see the vet and get the proper treatment the tougher it is to fix. Until you can see the vet tomorrow give 1/2 of a regular strength pepcid or zantac tonight. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. If it did help please leave a rating. Dr. Dan
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 5 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Dan