Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 15 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.

My Labrador just got into some holly Tone fertilizer at my

Customer Question

my Labrador just got into some holly Tone fertilizer at my next door neighbors house. I don't think she ingested that much, can it be harmful ????
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: a Dog
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kasey . 6 yrs. Old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kasey?
Customer: Other than she means the world to us , No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 5 months ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. As long as it did not have weed killer in it then it should not be that big of a deal. Normally fertilizer can cause some gastrointestinal upset which may include some vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of appetite.If that happens withhold food until the vomiting or diarrhea stops.Then offer a bland diet of plain cooked chicken and rice.To help settle her stomach you can give her Pepcid AC or Zantac.I assume she is over 50 pounds since she is a lab.In that case you can give her one 10 mg Pepcid tablet or 75 mg Zantac tablet every 12 hours as needed.She may not have any signs at all. Does that help? Do you have any additional questions?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Gabby