Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate a fat fighter pill. She's about 18 pounds. The ingredients

Customer Question

My dog ate a fat fighter pill. She's about 18 pounds. The ingredients are chromium, neopuntia (cactus leaf) and proprietary blend (50% Garcia Cambodia fruit extract, phaseolamin, bitter melon fruit extract, Banaba leaf extract, gymnema sylvestre leaf extract, wheat amylase inhibitor, vanadium)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Carly
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Carly?
Customer: She's 5 years old, slightly overweight, a Cairn Terrier. I think that's all...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience with dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Good news! There is nothing in that fat fighter pill which is toxic as such to dogs as such, so no problem there, the odd dog may get a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea but that's about it. 2. There are no special measures you need take in this sort of situation, just keep an eye on Carly, in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if her condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me furtherI hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much! I appreciate your quickness with our problem!
No problem, very glad to be advising you ... Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the fat fighter pill ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.