Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog was giving Gentizol infection, he lost his hearing,

Customer Question

my dog was giving Gentizol for ear infection, he lost his hearing, I stopped using it, is the loss of hearing temporary ?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Kian, male and he is almost 12
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kian?
Customer: he has cushing and he is on medication, but he is actually very healthy
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. While this is a fairly uncommon side effect (1:500 dogs), we can see hearing loss in sensitive dogs treated with this medication. In regards ***** ***** question, the studies carried our by the manufacturer has suggested that the loss is temporary or can be partial in some cases. They haven't reported how long it can take but again they do report it being temporary for most cases and therefore we'd hope to see Kian's deafness settle now that you have stopped the treatment. Please take care,Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 5 months ago.
Hello,How is everything with your wee one?Dr. B.