Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 11 year old (almost 12yo) 4lb. female Yorkie has been

Customer Question

My 11 year old (almost 12yo) 4lb. female Yorkie has been throwing up and is drinking lots of water. This last time, the vomit was tinged with blood. She won't eat her dinner but otherwise acts fine. She's at the water bowl again drinking.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I don't believe so. I've been gone for 4 hours and she's been locked in my bedroom - nothing to get into
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Sassy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sassy?
Customer: Has been healthy until now. She's up to date on all vaccinations
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: How long has she had these signs? Did her increased thirst start at the same time?Can she keep water down?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Has she had any diarrhea? Has she been spayed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I called my vet when they opened this morning. They had me bring her right in. She is spending the day there while they take blood work and x-rays.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,I am glad to hear that she is being seen and hopefully her vets can settle this for her. Since we weren't able to aid you when you posted your question, I will send it back to customer service for you.Take care,Dr. B.