Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I see he's eaten a very dry Rat that obviously died from ratsak,h

Customer Question

I see he's eaten a very dry Rat that obviously died from ratsak,he seems OK just a bit lethargic and is off his food
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jasper, black border collie about 12 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jasper?
Customer: This happened over 24 hrs ago,just took him to the beach cause that's where he turns into a pup,just to gauge how he's feeling, he ahad a swim and a light run ,not his normal self though
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Do you know what the active ingredient was in the Ratsak? How long ago had it been put out?Do you think Jasper ate the stomach of this rat?Are his gums pink or pale/white?Any changes in breathing, black stool, or belly discomfort?