Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Her name is Gabby. she does not have any swelling,

Customer Question

her name is Gabby. she does not have any facial swelling, I can't take her temp, one minute she is playing and the next she is laying on me with no energy. she ate a small amount of chicken breast for supper, she has had a bm; but seemed to strain
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jennifer Van Noy replied 6 months ago.
This is the kiddo what was licking her leg, panting, not eating, and rubbing her eyes, correct? It came through as a different message. Just wanted to confirm I'm thinking of the correct dog. Okay- Pro Sense allergy tablets are Benadryl. How much does Gabby weigh and how many tablets did you give her? How long ago did you give them?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Gabby weights 12.5 pounds and I only give her one tab per day
Okay. Sounds like she's had the allergy meds before. Benadryl can make them sleepy, but sounds like you've used this in her and that isn't what is causing her to have no energy. I'm concerned about her lack of energy and panting. Is she having difficulty breathing? Are her gums and tongue pink? Does she have any other medical issues?