Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a female boxer. She is about 7 years old. Lately she

Customer Question

I have a female boxer. She is about 7 years old. Lately she have been vomiting and her stomach is really dark. Almost black. What could it be.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No not at all. This is the third time this week.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Allie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Allie?
Customer: She is a rescue dog. I have only had her about two years. I don't know her complete history.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. How long has she had these signs?Can she keep water down?Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?Is the black discoloration flat with the skin or raised?Has she been itchy? Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.