Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today! The concern here is two fold. Bouillion is very high in salt and can actually lead to a condition called salt poisoning. A dose of more than 2 grams to 3 grams of salt per kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight is toxic
.He is likely feeling very dehydrated with the high salt intake which can lead to vomiting and his body is begging for fluids. Give him as much as he wants as long as that isn't inducing vomiting but in moderation, perhaps a cup every 15 minutes. That's really all that you can do at home. Signs of salt toxicity include lethargy, depression, tremors, increased vocalization, and can progress to stiff muscles
coma and death
.If you start to see any tremors it is advised to have him seen by a veterinarian to check his blood sodium levels. He may be having tremors because his stomach
is upset but in this case I would err on the safe side and make sure it isn't due to high levels of salt in his blood. Their primary therapy will be fluids, activated charcoal to decrease further absorption and injectable medication to protect his brain
if seizures occur.If he ingested the wrappers too the second concern is a gastrointestinal blockage which will be shown by continued vomiting and a tense painful abdomen but luckily it sounds like you were able to remove this from him prior to swallowingFrom the amount ingested I suspect he will be just fine, 2-3 grams/ kg x 22.7 kg (50 pounds)= 44-68 grams and very likely the one cube is not equal to this amount (on average one cube is 4 grams)I hope this information makes sense but please let me know if I can be of any further assistance this evening. I am online another 15 minutes to assist you both If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!