Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 19 week old puppy is acting really strange. He is sleeping

Customer Question

My 19 week old puppy is acting really strange. He is sleeping deeply nonstop today, alternating with over-the-top hyperactivity. He also wobbleS/weaves A bit sometimes when he stands up. He is not playing at all. He is drinking water but not eating Last night he had liquid diarrhea. I gave him some Kaopectate, and some boiled white meat chicken and rice which he gobbled up I could not get a vet appointment until 9 o'clock tomorrow morning Do I need to go to an emergency hospital or can he wait?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both todayThank you for the thorough history and so sorry Merlin is showing these symptoms. I would not wait until the 9 am appointment and seek out either another veterinary clinic in your area or a veterinary er because he potentially has: an issue with his liver, ingesting something toxic, trauma of some kind, or an unknown issue that requires further diagnostics to differentiate but I do not like his symptoms and do feel a veterinary er visit is warranted today, waiting 12+ hours is not advisedI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is Merlin? Did you take him to the veterinary er? I would love an update when you are able... Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!