How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gary Your Own Question
Dr. Gary
Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 19331
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Gary is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog ate Tom Cat Rat Poison about 24 hours ago.She seems

Customer Question

my dog ate Tom Cat Rat Poison about 24 hours ago.She seems OK now. Is there anything I need to do? It is too late to induce vomiting
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. At this point, it's a too late to induce vomiting or give activated charcoal. I would just put her on Vitamin K for the next 30 days. I usually do vitamin K at a dose of 2-5 mg per kg body weight once daily. It takes 2-5 days after the ingestion before we see bleeding, so you have that window to start treating and prevent issues. The fact that you're not seeing signs now would be the case whether or not she got a toxic dose. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jada. How is everything going?

Dr. Gary

Related Dog Veterinary Questions