Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I gave my dog a pork chop was that ok?

Customer Question

I gave my dog a pork chop was that ok?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Did it have a bone? If so, did he eat the bone?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was boneless. he seems fine. He ate it approximately 16 hours ago. His nose is a little dry.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Someone had said they should not have pork.
Friend, he can have pork that is fine. The concern would be if he ate the bone which can become obstructed or perforate the intestinal tract. So, he should not have the bone but the meat is okay. On another note I would try to avoid feeding him people food, he may stop then eating his dog food because he would want your food. My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Moose. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter