Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Last night my boyfriend said he stepped in his poop and licked

Customer Question

Last night my boyfriend said he stepped in his poop and licked it off his paws and he vomited and it had some blood in it. And now all night he's been struggling to breathe- he is breathing very fast and wheezing and coughing every now and again.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Tucker and he is 10 weeks old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tucker?
Customer: We just got him. So he hasn't gotten his first sets of shots yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today. Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?Are his gums pink or pale/white?Any access to toxins or history of trauma?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.
Hi again,I have not heard back from you but am quite concerned about Tucker. Therefore, I do want to leave my thoughts for your return.His ingestion of the feces certainly could have caused his nausea and the vomiting. That said, it'd not directly cause these breathing changes. These more worrying signs raise serious worries of aspiration of vomit into the lungs. Therefore, in this case and with him being so young, we need to tread with care.If he is breathing this quickly (>30 breaths per minute) and struggling, we'd really want him to his local vet urgently. This can listen +/- x-ray his lungs to see how severe this is (and make sure no other issues like bleeding into the lungs or heart trouble are present). If he is really struggling, they can also put him onto oxygen to help him breathe easier. Based on their findings, they can start antibiotics, bronchodilators, and dog safe decongestants to open the airway, ease his breathing and get this settled for him. In this situation, just in case you do wish to see an ER vet, you can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ orwww.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193 Please take care, Dr. B. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 8 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet