Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

Could mushroom treatment upset my dogs stomach he

Customer Question

Could mushroom treatment for cancer upset my dogs stomach he was eating well until introduced the mushroom pill
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!So sorry that Chichi has cancer and now has an upset stomach. The primary side effects of this supplement are reduced ability to clot and lowering blood pressure although any new supplement or medication can cause gi upset if he is sensitive to itThings to do for now:- Discontinue the mushrooms - Pepcid 10 mg 1/8 tablet every 12 hours for 3-5 days to settle the stomach- If vomiting please withhold food x 6 hours- Begin small more frequent meals of white rice and lean boiled meat to settle the stomach but also be bulking to the stoolIf things progress well then possibly reintroduce the mushroom a week after symptoms subside at half the dose and see if he is more amenable to this supplement if you chose to continuePlease let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!