Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.

I just typed Avery long message can you retrieve it? JA:

Customer Question

I just typed Avery long message can you retrieve it?
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: My 12 year old me
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: My 12 year old male poodle no cancer but toomuch calcium in his blood increases leaking and drinking. Was diagnosed last year Aditya suggest ed surgery is there anything else that can be done?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the poodle's name?
Customer: We have already had Sqi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sqi?
Customer: We already had him tested last year surgery was suggested is Rhee any new remedy for this?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I apologize, I see no other open nor closed questions for your senior friend but I will do my best to assist you both today...If kidney disease and a parathyroid gland tumor has been ruled out (it requires special bloodwork and sometimes even then an ultrasound of the neck is the only way to diagnose this) then medical management should be considered. This includes:- High fiber diet, prescription is ideal because this is the highest fiber available which helps reduce calcium absorption- Steroids at a anti inflammatory dose can sometimes reduce calcium in the bloodstream- Pamidronate which is a human medication used in cancer but also for this condition in people once weeklyI hope this gives you a little guidance as far as things to do for your Poodle but please let me know how else I can assist you both today If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!