Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Her vet prescribed her alprazolam and acepromazine

Customer Question

Her vet prescribed her alprazolam and acepromazine for anxiety with nail trims and vet visits
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Cheetah is 3 and weighs about 50lbs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cheetah?
Customer: Shes a rescue and hasnt had her nails trimmed in a long time we have tried and she gets super anxious and panics
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 5 months ago.
Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. Can you let me know what your question is please? I read that she has been prescribed sedatives for nail trims.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm just nervous the instructions say 2 pills of alprazolam and 2 pills of the acepromazine an hour before, it just seems like alot im not sure what to expect after and how long it will last
Have you tried one or the other separately to see if that is enough sedation before giving them together?