Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My two year old miniature wired haired dashchund finally had

Customer Question

My two year old miniature wired haired dashchund finally had a lung biopsy at Langfords Vetinarary Hospital, Bristol, for laboured breathing a year ago as she never walked.Her lungs were diagnosed as severely destroyed by micoplasma bacteria. She was prescribed 8 weeks of tablets to kill the bacteria and given 18 months to live from diagnosis. She has no cough but has brought up mucus every morning until a month ago when it stopped suddenly after she discharged a huge amount in one go. Her breathing is still very laboured and she does not walk so we push her in a truck. Is there any further treatment available that we give her the opportunity to walk, however short, and is stem cell treatment an option? She is a very happy healthy dog apart from that. Do you also have any idea how long she could live from now and should I go for another vet hospital opinion.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Melanie Goble replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Rosalyn. My name is***** have been a veterinarian for 11 years. I see that your dachshund has been having some problems that have been long term. I am very sorry to hear this. I would like to chat with you about what is going on. I do see that you are in the UK, so our time difference is pretty big. I am in the central time zone in the USA. If you are interested in chatting about the issues, let me know and we can attempt to find a time when we can both be online to discuss.