Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Skin down the back of my dog is turning black & scaley and

Customer Question

Skin down the back of my dog is turning black & scaley and losing most of the hair down the center.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.How long has she had these signs?Is she itchy? Where is she licking/grooming specifically (ie neck, belly, etc)?Any other changes to the skin (ie pimples, pustules, scabs, sores, ulcers, redness, or crusting)?Any diet change in the 4-6 weeks before this started?When did you last treat for fleas? What did you use?What did her vet start her on specifically?Can you take a photo of this? If you can and post them, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paper clip icon above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, just post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web link here for me follow.